Thursday, November 14, 2013

Inversions!!

                                                         Inversions a pain in everybody's neck!!

Inverted conditionals sentences without if

If the first verb if is were, should or had, we can drop the if &begin with an inversion .

Should you go to the supermarket,buy me some apples.

Were I less pessimistic, I would see that everybody is happy with my party.

Had he gone to the party , he would have seen Mary hanging out with John.

Negative adverbials

Here the verb takes the same form that it does in questions , using do or did if necessary

No sooner/ Hardly/Scarcely + past perfect 

The following are used with the past perfect to describe an event that happened immediately after another.

No sooner had the car started than I saw Brad Pitt.

1 comment:

  1. I published it for you Rafaela- I do hope you finish it before the exams, hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete